*F30-34, Chicago, IL
* I began running in September 1997. Of course, I had gone on short runs before, but nothing consistent. Running was SO HARD at first!! I struggled through ten minutes, but eventually worked my way up to an hour in the spring of 1998.
* In college, I took a PE class called Running 130. It taught me a lot about running and I made some very good friends in that class!
* I also joined my university's running club and trained for my first marathon in the spring of 2000.
* "Team Stick" -- started in January 2000, Team Stick is my group of close running friends from college. We live all over the country now, but still stay in touch and love Team Stick events!!
* I've run 12 marathons. My PR is 3:55.29, which I ran in Philadelphia in November 2009.
* I don't have a typical weekly mileage amount. It varies, but mostly is between 20 and 40, depending on my training.
* I consider myself a very experienced runner even if I am not fast.
* My typical racing pace is somewhere in the 8 minute per mile range.
* I'm a member of the New York Flyers--arguably the best running club in nyc!
* Besides running, I love sailing!! I also like yoga, cycling, reading, writing, cooking, dining out, and teaching.
* I'm a fourth grade teacher, which is fun, challenging, and a very enriching career.
* I'm currently pregnant (due April 2011); I plan to blog about running while pregnant and all the other good stuff I'm able to do on this very exciting journey!
*Edit: Baby was born April 10, 2011.
* I've temporarily swapped my teaching career to be at home with my little girl. It is a dream come true.
*Being a runner mom has been a huge challenge for me. Since Baby was born, I have struggled to find the time/energy to run. In May 2012, I had to drop out of training for marathon #13, but I continue to work hard to pursue the sport I love.